Klocwork Insight™ 9.6 combines fast code analysis for developers with integrated support for IncrediBuild
Burlington, Mass — May 01, 2012 — Klocwork Inc, the global leader in automated source code analysis (SCA) solutions for developing more secure and reliable software, today announced the latest release of its leading source code analysis tool, Klocwork Insight 9.6. This release introduces multiple capabilities that allow software development teams to reduce their development time while ensuring their code is secure and reliable. Klocwork Insight 9.6 is also fully localized for the Japanese market.
New On-the-fly User Model
Klocwork Insight provides sophisticated source code analysis capabilities with an on-the-fly user model, that simplifies a developer’s interaction with Klocwork Insight in three key areas:
- On-the-fly analysis: Similar to the spell check feature in popular word processors, Klocwork Insight instantly underlines defects as developers are writing their code. In the background, sophisticated syntax and dataflow analysis, build comprehension, and incremental analysis are continuously running to ensure thorough and highly accurate identification of security vulnerabilities and critical defects.
- On-the-fly reporting: Simple drag & drop reporting capabilities allow development teams to design reports that meet their organization’s specific needs and helps them answer complex questions about the security, reliability and maintainability of their code base.
- On-the-fly impact analysis: Cross-project impact analysis and reporting immediately indicates whether a reported issue exists in other code bases, branches or builds which helps developers prioritize issues and reduces time wasted fixing the same issue over-and-over.
Faster Analysis Time with Xoreax IncrediBuild
To accelerate the Klocwork build process, Klocwork Insight now includes integration with the Xoreax IncrediBuild native build environment. This integration allows joint Klocwork and Xoreax customers to run IncrediBuild in tandem with Klocwork Insight analysis, enabling tight process integration and ensuring accurate analysis results.
"Development teams want lightening fast source code analysis and access to build data, and instant visibility across all their projects and code branches," said Gwyn Fisher, Chief Technology Officer, Klocwork. "Klocwork Insight delivers on all counts and truly sets the bar for C/C++ analysis speed. No competing product comes close, and combined with our integration with Incredibuild, this approach will lead to better software and lower development costs."
Klocwork Insight 9.6, with full Japanese localization, will be generally available in early Q3 2012.
- For a live demonstration of Klocwork Insight, visit the Klocwork booth (East 16-15) at your convenience or schedule an appointment in advance.
- Attend the Klocwork presentation, given by Gwyn Fisher, CTO, to learn about the value that source code analysis tools can bring to your software development process:
- Source Code Analysis: Improving Developer Usage With Instant Analysis
- When: Thursday May 10 at 11:30am
- Where: Meeting Room 2, East Hall 2, 2nd Floor (Adjacent to the Exhibition Hall)
For more information on Klocwork Insight, visit http://www.klocwork.jp/
Klocwork helps developers create more secure and reliable software. Our tools analyze source code on-the-fly, simplify peer code reviews, and extend the life of complex software. Over 1000 customers, including the biggest brands in the mobile device, consumer electronics, medical technologies, telecom, military and aerospace sectors, have made Klocwork part of their software development process. Thousands of software developers, architects, and development managers rely on our tools everyday to improve their productivity while creating better software.
Klocwork and Klocwork Truepath are registered trademarks of Klocwork Inc in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.