Continues evolution of leading SCA tool for developer’s desktop
BURLINGTON, MA – Sept. 18, 2013 – Klocwork® Inc., a global leader in software development tools for creating secure code, today released version 10 of its powerful source code analysis tool, Insight™. With new features, improved performance and customization, Insight 10 extends its lead in desktop SCA.
“We have taken our desktop analysis capabilities to a new level with Insight 10. Across the board, this release of Insight provides deeper analysis and customization features, greater ease of use and performance at the desktop. We continue to raise the bar for what’s possible with on-the-fly desktop analysis,” said Gwyn Fisher, Chief Technology Officer, Klocwork.
Key New Features of Insight 10 include:
• Additional checker sets and taxonomies for security and compliance standards are built into Insight 10. Customers also have the ability to create their own taxonomies using the new taxonomy design feature, and apply these to projects where applicable.
• For gaming customers, Insight 10 now boasts on-the-fly analysis support for “unity” builds , ensuring fast dependency analysis and critical build infrastructure support. In addition, tighter integration with IncrediBuild™ build accelerator significantly speeds up end-to-end analysis runs.
• Insight 10 now offers pre-packaged knowledge base support for popular open source libraries, Java 1.7 support, and full stack support for prevalent Android distributions.
• To ensure ease of use and workflow fit for developers, Insight 10 boasts an improved UI for more flexible and intuitive operation, finer-grained support for C++ templates and a significantly reduced memory footprint for major performance increases at the developer desktop.
• Refactoring support has been upgraded to support C++ 11, and includes single-click copy/paste refactoring, which invokes the desired change in all similar occurrences of the target code.
• Insight 10 provides a rich code architecture platform. Integration with leading third-party architecture products is now provided. Build analysis data is loaded directly into these architecture tools, enabling customers to visualize and optimize their overall software design, maximize code reuse, conduct detailed impact analyses and more.
• Klocwork Cahoots, the easy, fast and social Code Review tool that is now integrated with Insight 10 as an add-on product. This integration brings project structure overviews, SCA defect reviews and role-based security to Cahoots.
“Klocwork’s On-the-Fly desktop code analysis is unique and Insight 10 reflects our ongoing commitment to effectively arm developers with the desktop tools they need to produce secure, reliable code…code they will be proud of,” said Mike Laginski, CEO.
Klocwork helps developers create more secure software. Our tools analyze source code on-the-fly, simplify peer code reviews, and extend the life of complex software. Over 1,000 customers, including the biggest brands in the mobile device, consumer electronics, medical technologies, telecom, automotive, military and aerospace sectors, have made Klocwork part of their software development process. Tens of thousands of software developers, architects, and development managers rely on our tools every day to save time and create better software.
Klocwork is a registered trademark of Klocwork Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.